The convention committee has a great line up of workshops this year. Here’s a taste of what’s to come with more information on each coming soon. In particular order, here they are:
- Deputy Jose Velasquez. Joe began his career with US Border Patrol before joining the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office. He’ll share experiences in the field and share with us the best ways to communicate in an emergency situation. He’ll also be speaking about what and how to communicate with dispatch. Joe is a true Texas lawman and vaquero. Here, when we say the good guys wear white hats, we mean it.
- CI Companies present the latest on CI technology
- Family Dynamics Panel will focus on the family; communication with our children, grandchildren, significant others.
- Be Seen, Be Heard! Don’t hide your hearing aids or cochlear implants. Let’s show them off instead. Why it’s important to come out of the closest plus keeping our hearing aids and CI’s safe and secure. A small activity to bling our hearing devices follows a short talk.
- Hearing Dogs – Team building with our dogs. How to teach them alerting behaviors.
- Sex and Intimacy Panel… Hot, hot, hot! Don’t miss the one feature some of our own SWC members. We sill discuss keeping romance alive in our relationships with the challenges of hearing loss.
If you like what you see, register now for the convention before the early bird rate ends on March 15th. Go here for more information: http://www.saywhatclub.com/san-antonio-con/